I was reminded yesterday about how the "need" to watch for news about the hurricane can affect your emotional well-being. It may be time to start limiting your viewing if you can't stop crying, are getting numb, or starting to lose hope.
If you're in any of these modes, please turn off the TV and find a good human being to hug, talk to, cry/vent WITH.
If there's something productive you can think to do, do it.
If nothing comes immediately to mind, go for a walk and envision a better future for yourself and your family.
Just DON'T let yourself spiral into depression - it will only make a rough situation worse. As long as you are breathing, there is hope for rebuilding and renewing your life.
Saturday, September 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Watching the weather report, I hope you don't have to take your own advice very soon!
One thing about the Black Hills, yea it snows sometimes, and rarely there are fires, but you don't have the constant threat of these storms that are made worse by global warming...
Laura
Hi Laura,
Yeah, I really enjoyed my visit to the Black Hills this summer. I highly recommend the Crazy Horse monument AFTER seeing Mt Rushmore. Otherwise, people might be disappointed by Mt Rushmore which would be a shame - it is a beautiful national monument.
Talk to you soon! :-)
Post a Comment