Yes, Yes, YES!! The first time I came to the Shakespeare Festival in Alabama, I was dragged by some ladies attending my church. From the first moment I took a seat in this beautiful theater and watched "MacBeth" played out on the stage, I've been hooked.
My good friend, James, invited me to stay with him and even bought us tickets to the last three performances for this season. So far we've seen "The Trojan Women" (made me cry) and "The Man of La Mancha" (broke my heart and made me cry). Today we'll be seeing "Twelfth Night".
As an added bonus, another good friend (Andi) has come down for "To Kill a Mockingbird" today so we're all getting together for lunch. James and I had a baking extravaganza last night and produced a super double batch of his famous cookies so we'll be having those for dessert.
By the end of the weekend, we'll have laughed, cried, ate, drank and talked about "Mary" (you know who you are). ;-)
Sunday, July 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Karen, Thanx a million for your invaluable friendship. The memories of our weekend at the Shakespeare Festival will last a lifetime. Thanx for treating me to the lunches and for introducing me to Andi. What would I do without friends like you, Mikey and Naili?
I'll send happy thoughts and lot's of positive energy your way. Have a fantastic weekend!
Love ya
JAG
Thank YOU, James. I gained some great lifetime memories over the weekend. The plays were wonderful but I also enjoyed my introduction to Medea and the opportunity to bake cookies with the Master!! :-) Love & hugs - Karen
Post a Comment