Monday, August 03, 2009

Podcast Faves - Yours?

Favorite Podcasts!! I'd like to share two of mine and hope you will reciprocate. There's probably a special link thingy somewhere to make this connection but I'm a NEWB! Anyway, here goes:

1. For the funny of it - "Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo's Film Reviews"
Dr. Kermode is a professional film reviewer and Simon is a DJ on BBC5. They are British so if you find the accent difficult, this may not be for you. Otherwise, they are very funny and their audience e-mails are quite fun, too. I especially enjoy Mark's rants (most recently about a movie he saw that should have only been a TV program and it wasn't even that good!) You're guaranteed to pickup some new vocabulary and a unique prespective on films. They refer to what they do as "wittertainment". The podcast is usually 45 mins long.

2. Brian Preston's "Money Guy" blog and podcast. He's a fee-based certified financial advisor based in Atlanta Georgia. He provides good, common-sense financial advice and economic perspective from a (gasp) conservative! (I disagree with some of his assessment on the healthcare reform plan but he provided some interesting alternative ideas.) My most recent favorite that he did and the one I'd recommend you give a trial run is "The Elite Savvy Consumer" from 7-17-09.

No comments: